Thursday, November 11, 2010

Home and back at it

I got home late Monday night and was ready to be there.  I was greeted at the door by my favorite dog and made my way upstairs to find my dear husband laying in a freshly-made bed and watching poker.  Ahhh, my bed felt amazing, as did the husband's embrace!  My alarm clock seemed like it went off way too early, but I managed to get out of bed only to remember I had used the last of the coffee before I left for Chicago, and that was a sad realization... 

Anyway, my legs ached, though not horribly, when I made my way down the stairs until Wednesday, when the pains ceased.  I made the decision later that night to be sure I went for a run on Thursday, which I happened to have off from work for Veterans Day. 

There's a part of me that wants to say I didn't really want to go for a run, but that's really not the truth.  I was ready and excited and maybe a little bit nervous for my first post-half-marathon run.  I guess I wasn't really nervous to actually run, but more nervous because I really want to work on my my pace and keeping it at about 11:00/mile rather that 12+.  I kept the music and HR monitor off, and I didn't bother to check my pace; I just wanted to run however I ran rather than running for speed or distance or heart rate.  So I set our for a 3 miler and when I got home, I had run 3.2 miles at an average of 10:56! 

Also, I've always used the temp outside as an excuse to not run during the winter.  Last Saturday's below freezing temperature was proof that I really can't use that as an excuse anymore. 

Nothing too exciting going on in our household this week except that I went grocery shopping today wearing my new Indy Monumental 1/2-Marathon hat.  No, I didn't take my medal with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment