Sunday, November 27, 2011

Bid Me Run

Jamie posted here and I fell in love with a new running quote:

Bid me run and I will strive with things impossible - Shakespeare: Julius Caesar Act 2, Scene 1.

My head is spinning with ways I could tattoo this on my body.  It means more than what it seems on the surface.  I did a little digging (I'm not a good person for deciphering Shakespeare) and found a modern version of the statement:

LIGARIUS:  (takes off his head covering) By all the gods that Romans worship, I hereby throw off my sickness! Soul of Rome! Brave son of honorable ancestors! You’ve conjured up my deadened spirit like an exorcist. Now say the word, and I will tackle all kinds of impossible things, and succeed too. What is there to do?

I found this, but it's not exactly what I want tattooed on my body:



Now, for today's run:


I went to work late because I could and ran 3.26 miles this morning at an average pace of 10:08.  Nothing special, just a run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment