Saturday, January 28, 2012

Freeze Your Thorns Off 5k!

Let me first say that I HAVE been running, just not as much as I had planned by late January.  In fact, I had one of the best runs of my life the other day, but I'm not writing about that yet because today was the Freeze Your Thorns Off Virtual 5k hosted by The Boring Runner!  I found out about Adam's blog through another blogger who touted him as a fantastic running coach.  One night I thought it would be fun to get intoxicated and e-mail him to ask him to be my coach....and when he responded and was completely reasonable, I backed out and told him I should have talked to my husband before venturing into the unknown such as having a running coach....which is basically a big fat lie.

Anyway, Adam hosted his 2nd annual FYTO5k today and I decided to participate.  Of course, I also decided to make things a little more interesting and did the following:

1) Skiing at Bogus Basin with the family starting at 9am


2) Bloody Mary at 11:30 am in the bar at Pioneer Lodge

3) Another ski run 
4) 2 beers and a sandwich before driving back to Boise
5) Nap on the way home
6) Water and 1MR 


7) 3.22 mile run in beautiful 40 degree Boise weather

8) Rehydration with a few more beers while writing this FYTO5k recap 


I forgot to print out the race bib for today's events so I was without a bib for my ski runs and run run.  One would think that I've learned not to drink alcohol before going out to run 3 or 4 miles, but I haven't.  I could have run my 5k tomorrow, but that would have made for a less eventful FYTO5K day, and I couldn't have that.  Even still, I didn't run too terribly bad today.  Overall, I ran 3.22 miles in 33:06.  I would have expected worse with the alcohol consumption an hour or two prior, but they were Pabst Blue Ribbon Lights, so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised that I managed to run a decent pace!

So there you have it.  Maybe I'll run the Sweat Your Thorns Off 5k this summer...if I'm not rafting.  Actually, maybe I'll run, raft, and drink beer that day.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment