Sunday, June 12, 2011

HUB Gives 5k

We went to Eastern Idaho last weekend to visit Josh's parents and attend a graduation party.  We had planned on this for quite some time, so when our friend Mike said he was going to come visit us in Boise we figured he would just come with us to E. Idaho.  And he did.  About 3 days before our departure I was informed another friend, Skinner) planned to run a 5k in Idaho Falls.  I jumped on board and signed up and just a day before the run I let Mike know about it as well.  He immediately confirmed he wanted to run it.  I should preface by saying Mike has been riding his bicycle across the country (I intend to write more about this on another date and time), but he's not a runner.  I had a goal to try to finish in under 30 minutes but was informed just before the race that the original route was flooded so they changed it a bit and the mileage was closer to 3.2 than 3.1.  Skinner hoped to run in less than 25.  Mike had no goal other than to finish.  In the end here were our results:

Mike 25:26
Skinner 25.52
Me 31:19

Wouldn't you know it, Mike won for the 31 - 40 age division.  I was happy being the #10 finisher (of 27 who finished) and the 4th top female (of 17)!  It was a really fun little run that I think I could have run a little faster if the elevation hadn't been 2000 feet above what I'm used to in Boise and if I hadn't had so much coffee right before the race.  There's always an excuse, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment