Monday, January 30, 2012

1 MR and K-Otic

My supervisor at work is always trying to get my to test out these work-out concoctions and I almost always tell him he's crazy and that I don't need magic potions to make myself run faster or farther, I just need to run more.  That being said, he brought me a few different kinds several weeks ago and I finally decided to test them out. 

The first test was a few weeks ago when we were in Rigby visiting my in-laws.  We went to lunch and had a few bloody marys and a few hours later (and several glasses of water later) I decided to take the 1MR (One More Rep) and head out for a 4 mile run.  The packet claimed it was fruit punch flavored but it tasted TERRIBLE. The run itself wasn't horrible and probably would have been worse without the 1MR, but I really have no way of judging that for sure. I ran at an average pace of 10:58/mile which is fine for having 2 bloody marys and being at a higher elevation. 

The next test came on the 25th when I decided to test out the K-Otic during a lunch time run.  Chris claimed K-Otic tastes better (WAY better) and that I would like the effects better than 1MR (I did!!!).  Ho-ly cow.  I felt amazing during this run!  The temperature coudn't have been more perfect (50 degrees) and I felt so so so good throughout the entire run!  I ended up doing 3.1 miles at an average pace of 9:51/mile.  I did stop a few times to walk, not because I was tired or sore or out of breath, but more because my heart rate was pretty high (177 at one point) and I didn't want to have a heart attack while out on a run.  Even with the walking, I averaged 9:51/mile.  Woah.  The K-Otic made me feel pretty crazy afteward though and I need to be sure I only take it from now on when I'm going to go out for a long run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment