Sunday, January 1, 2012

Attempt at a trail run

I joined up with that running group yesterday morning. I had to get up earlier than I have for work over the past few weeks to get there on time, but I justified going because 1) it's good to do something new and 2) they were giving away a pair of Soloman shoes!  The crew seemed like a nice enough bunch, but I didn't fair well.  I started out with a pair of women who indicated they were not very fast and I thought they would be good to run with.  They were very nice ladies, but they lost me after about 3/4 mile.  The second my feet hit the ground, I knew it wasn't going to be a good running day.  In fact, it was downright awful.  I ended up running alone the rest of the time.  I turned around at the 1.3 mile mark and came back to the parking lot.  I started to feel a bit better by then and ran around the neighborhood until I reached the 3 mile mark.  I briefly stretched by my car before heading back home.  My lungs were destroyed and I nearly hacked one up as I drove home.  No matter how terrible of a run it was, I was glad I went out on the last day of 2011 to get a few more miles in! 

Who knows if I'll join the group again for the trail run.  It would be nice to do more of this kind of thing, but I fear getting lost on the trails if I end up running alone again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment