Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Overview and 2012 Hopes

It really doesn't feel like 2011 is done and over with, but it is.  I'm pretty proud of some of my accomplishments this year and figured they were worth a little review:

Miles run: 343
Half Marathons run: 3
Races run (1/2 marathons, 10k, 5ks, Sawooth Relay): 7
PRs at races: 6 (basically improved my time with every race this year)
Fastest mile: 9:08
Smallest dress purchased: 6
Smallest jeans purchased: 8

I'm pretty sure I now own better running gear than work attire and have made more running purchases than rafting purchases this year.  It's been a pretty crazy year of focusing on my mental and physical health and keeping all health issues pretty much under control.  I was sick once this year in February and only went through one bad spell of depression when we relinquished our dog back to the Humane Society.  And although the past few months have been quite out of control in terms of eating and drinking, my physical well-being has fared well and I'm proud to say I felt fit for most of the year.

I'm excited to see what 2012 has to bring.  I've got a few plans (not resolutions) floating around in my head and am hopeful that I'll be able to make them happen, including running 500 miles and the possibly running a race this summer wearing a sports bra and running skirt and not feeling ridiculously self-conscious.  I'm excited to start exercising with the kids at work doing Crossfit later this month and am hopeful I'll be able to finish my graduate program by implementing a running program with some of the kids and staff members culminating in everyone finishing a 5k.  Again, these are all still thoughts and not anything set in stone, but I'm excited to see where things go from here!


No comments:

Post a Comment