Saturday, December 8, 2012

Opening my eyes to reality

Lynn and I ran again this week, which really should be no surprise since we've been running together for 5 weeks now.  The only difference about this week is that Monday I had us cut our time short because my body was so ridiculously tired from running 10 miles the day before.  Wednesday was fine but I don't think we ran over 1.25 miles at any given time throughout our morning jaunt and we felt a lot faster than we really were that morning.  But Friday, oh Friday!  Lynn was able to go the entire 3 miles!  She said it was the first time since high school that she's run a straight 3 miles.  How cool is that?!

In other news I've been working on trying to slim down a bit and at the recommendation of my supervisor at work, I started drinking a protein shake before going to bed.  I know I'm not getting enough protein my diet and maybe this will help.  You'd think with me being on Team BEEF I'd get plenty of meat-eating in throughout the day, but I just don't.  So I'm eating breakfast regularly and am trying to make better choices about all of my snacks and daily meals.  Although I haven't cut out alcohol completely, I'm trying to be smarter about that.  It just seems like drinking multiple glasses of wine or beer would be counter productive to drinking protein shake an hour later.  Just a thought.

Did I mention I ran another Team BEEF race?  The Turkey Trot Relay was a load of fun and I'd definitely like to do it again next year, but maybe not after staying up drinking until 3 AM and then trying to run 2 miles that morning.  Who does that?  Me, I guess, pretending like I'm 22 again.  Anyway, a few gals from work and a gal I know from back in jr. high and high school joined me in the 8-mile relay.  They ran much, much faster than I did and I don't think they felt like they were going to die like I did.  Then again, I'm pretty sure they were 215% more than responsible than I was the night before.  Sticking with Team BEEF protocol, I had them take a photo of me to send in to the Traci at the Idaho Beef Council.  And this, my friends, is the photo that made me rethink my eating and drinking habits and made me realize I need to get my $h!+ together to drop the 20 pounds I've packed on over the past year or so.  Blah.  I hate this picture but also feel like I need to be honest with myself about how I've let myself get out of control  Time to reign myself back in and get my @$$ in gear.  So far I'm down about 3 lbs...




Progress to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment