Friday, December 28, 2012

Sidelined...again

I got a slight head cold last week which took me out of my Friday run and my long run on Saturday last week.  I felt better by Sunday but still rested.  I ran with Lynn on Monday and Wednesday this week (Wednesday deserves it's own post) and then Wednesday evening I started to get a slight cough.  I toughed it out yesterday at work and hoped that Airborne and zinc tablets would stave off the worst of it.  Lynn and I sent a few texts and I was certain I would be able to power through 3 miles in the morning with her.  Unfortunately, I woke up at 2:00 am with an ear ache, sore throat, and general crappiness.  I took some ibuprofen and kept my alarm set for 5:30 so I could text Lynn to tell her I'm out for the count for the second Friday in a row.  Now I'm home from work and am concerned this sickness will keep me out of a long run for the second week in a row.  Noooooooooo.  Seriously, sickness, you are ruining marathon training.

No comments:

Post a Comment