Thursday, December 13, 2012

Wednesday = fast day

I did NOT want to get out of bed on Wednesday.  Not. At. All.  Seriously. 

But I did. I had six miles to run that morning so I met Lynn for 3 miles like we do every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Before I left the house I decided to eat 3 Clif Shot Bloks (with caffeine, yay!). 

The first mile felt difficult. The second mile, not as bad. 

At 1.5 miles I asked Lynn if she had time to run an extra .25 today so we could run a different route and she did.  The third mile felt fantastic for me and we finally rounded our way into our neighborhood at about 3.2 miles.  It was a bit warmer than it should be in December (37 degrees) so I changed into a short-sleeved shirt to wear under my jacket and drank some water before heading out for the second half of my run. 

I returned home and realized I ran just over 6 miles at under 10:40/mile average pace which is the fastest 6 miles I've run for quite a few months.  And it felt good.  Really, really good.


No comments:

Post a Comment