Sunday, January 27, 2013

18 miles

I don't really have anything clever to write about this particular run, other than the fact that my plans changed several times before I actually started running.  I thought about running at the Nampa Rec Center on the 1/5 mile indoor track but when I got up yesterday morning the sun was shining (yay!) and I was hopeful that the Greenbelt would be clear enough to run down there.  I struggled with what to wear to run outside because it was over 30 degrees out side and my other outdoor runs have been in the teens over the past few weeks.  I bundled up and went down to my regular parking spot only to slip and slide all over the place getting down to the main path.  I took one step on the main path and turned around and went back to the car.  By the time I got home and changed into indoor running gear I had no desire to drive to Nampa.  Instead, I drove down the street to the YMCA and decided to alternate between the treadmill and the indoor track.  It wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be to run on the smaller track, but it was less than ideal.  I finished 18 miles in around 3 hours 25 minutes which put me at about 11:19/mile average.  I'll take it!

This week: 5, 9, 5, 14

Also, I realized this week that not only have I run over 100 miles in January, I've run more this month than I did in January and February in 2012.  Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment