Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'm not there yet...

...the gym, I mean.  But on the plus side, I did feel even better today and didn't take any cold medicine.  I'm sure no one enjoyed the constant nose-blowing, but I don't really care.  I did take my gym clothes with me to work, but couldn't quite imagine how I would handle needing to wipe my nose while on the treadmill or bike, so I didn't go.  Lame, I know.  Maybe tomorrow?  I certainly hope so.

On the plus side, I decided to attempt to pull my skinniest khaki's on this morning, AND THEY FIT.  Woot!  After the Monumental 1/2 was Thanksgiving, my grandma's funeral (really, one big, crazy family get together with lots of eating and LOTS of drinking), Christmas, and the New Year.  Even though I was working out quite a bit, I certainly wasn't running as much as I had been and promptly gained a crazy amount of weight.  The County started weight loss incentive awhile back wherein if you lose 10% of your body weight in six months, they will give you $100.  If you keep it off for a year, you get another $100.  When they started the incentive program, I was sitting a pretty good weight for myself and knew that taking 10% of my weight off would leave me ridiculously thin and at a weight I knew I wouldn't be able to maintain.  Once I ballooned, I decided I was all for it!  I'm 8 lbs from my goal now, which is spectacular.  Plus, my pants fit. Double woot!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment