Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ok, I'm feeling like less of a pansy

Yesterday at work was pretty miserable.  I was nothing more than a snot machine and as the day went on, my sinus pressure made me more and more whiny.  I worked late and by the time I got home I couldn't really stand it anymore, so I went to the local express clinic at the grocery store (yes, grocery store).  Not only do I have a sinus infection, I also have ear infections in BOTH ears.  Even though I don't get ear infections all that often, I can usually feel them coming on.  I didn't have a clue yesterday until the doc looked in my ears and told me they were angry...and then it all made sense.  He prescribed some antibiotics and I figured I could live through the night and another day at work since I had already made it through the day yesterday without dying.  Boy oh boy, was I wrong.  My ears started to ache as the night went on.  Thankfully, my mother-in-law gave me a heat/cold pack to warm up in the microwave which I remembered as I was tucking myself into bed last night.  I warmed that sucker up and took some old pain medication from my foot surgery last year (we were completely out of ibuprofen) and managed to sleep until midnight or so.  I woke up and went back to sleep fairly quickly.  I woke up again at 2am and laid there until 2:30 when I finally decided I needed more heat.  I trudged downstairs and heated up my pack again and slept for a few more hours. Needless to say, even though I had originally planned to be at work again this morning, I am on the couch at home.  I've found a pretty comfy position to rest my head with the heat pack and can still manage to use my MacBook and even watch The Price is Right.  Too bad I don't have a little personal assistant to go make me more coffee and heat up my pack!  I have a feeling I'm going to lose my position here soon, as both of these things are becoming necessities.  Sigh.

I am really, really hoping these antibiotics kick in soon and heal me up so I can get out and be active.  I know I've complained about it in the past few posts, but it's really killing me. 

1 comment:

  1. oh you poor thing! Your a tough cookie! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete