Saturday, February 19, 2011

Back in the fast lane...

...kinda.  I FINALLY felt a little better last weekend and got out for a 17.5 mile bike ride....a slooooooooow bike ride, but a ride nonetheless.  It ended up being more of a bar crawl than a bike ride, but I guess that's ok too, I suppose.  Sunday morning I got up and went to my first hot yoga class with my friend, Malia.  It was absolutely crazy, and I've never sweat so much in my life!  I took Monday off from any physical activity because I knew Tuesday would be a little rough.  We had Appropriate Use of Force training at work, which basically ended up being about 5 hours of low-impact activity.  I took Brooke to swimming lessons and then decided to go attempt an evening hot yoga session.  Turns out that wasn't the best decision I've ever made.  I made it through the first 1/2 hour but struggled.  After that, every time I stood up I got light headed.  I determined I would not make it through the rest of the class and called it quits.  I felt like a complete ass walking out, but I couldn't do it.  Later, I realized I hadn't eaten nearly enough food that day for the amount of energy I had exerted.  I use Weight Watchers on-line and for the entire day had only eaten 8 points of food.  I wasn't hungry because I had eaten plenty of fruits and veggies (zero points), but I certainly hadn't consumed enough calories for the amount of physical activity I had done.  Lesson learned.

My week ended on a particularly great note: shopping!  I'm typically not a big shopper, but when I get something in my head that I want or need, I set out to accomplish that goal.  I told myself awhile back that I was not going to buy any new pants until my pants in my closet actually fit me.  Well, over the past few weeks I've been able to wear all of my work pants, which is spectacular.  That being said, I got most of them on clearance 3 years ago and they are all either out of style or just not in good condition anymore.  So I set out yesterday to get some work clothes to replace the ones in my closet.  My favorite realization of the day was that every single pair of size 10 pants I tried on actually fit!  I don't think that has ever happened!  This is not to say they were the best style or fit for me, but they went on my body.  A-maz-ing.  I also realized today that I could use another pair of jeans.  My friend, Randi, had suggested D&B Supply as a place to get cute, long jeans, so I took her suggestion and set out that direction.  Best.jeans.shopping.trip.ever!  I came home with size 9 jeans!  I haven't had size 9 jeans since I was probably in 8th grade!  Whaaaaaat?!?! So awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment