Friday, April 15, 2011

First hill training and week 1 boot camp success

Thursday must have been meet-up-with-your-former-co-workers day.  I was able to have lunch with my friend, Erin, (who left our wonderful Probation job a year ago to sell insurance).  Lunch was great, of course, and so was the company.  After work I met up with Molly (who left to complete grad school and now works for another corrections agency) for a run.  Not only had I been putting off the 4-mile run, I've been procrastinating on hill training, which is crucial for the Sawtooth Relay.  Poor Molly had to put up with my sloooooow arse on our 2.7-ish mile run; Molly is a 9:30-ish mile runner (or faster) and I'm...well...I'm not!  I'm OK with that because I've really improved over the past few years since I really started running, which Molly was so kind to point out.  Anyway, we did the tiniest bit of hill running, and I didn't die, so that was nice.

On another note, I made it to boot camp every day this week at 6am with my friend, Malia.  I think I'm in love with boot camp. I love that everyday is different and that I get to punch and kick stuff and that it's all over in just over 30 minutes.  Even more, I love that even though I'm sore in a few different spots I was still able to go through my daily activities with no problems and am still able to go for a run that afternoon/evening.   Sure, the trainers can be pretty cheesy, but I don't get the feeling that they don't know what they are doing or anything.  Plus, today I did 4 different 30 second rounds of push-ups and I've never been able to do anything like that ever! 

I think this weekend will be fairly low key.  Josh is rafting the Murtaugh this weekend, so I'll be going to boot camp at 10am and am contemplating going to hot yoga tomorrow.  We'll see how that all works out.  Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment