Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I've been dreading the 4 mile run...

...Mostly because I haven't felt like I've been running often enough to even make it 4 miles.  I've been off my schedule lately and haven't been running on the days I planned to run on the calendar and even though I've run 3.5, I've been ridiculously exhausted when I got home.  I realize now that taking the dog with me really slows my pace and makes me more tired.  After what felt like the longest day EVER today, I finally bit the bullet and set out to run 4 miles without Seymour.  Poor thing...I know he needs to get out for a walk, but I needed to do this alone today and clear my head.  I finished my run and felt like I could have gone out for another 1/2 mile to a mile, but I turned into the subdivision and came home. 

Stats for the run:
4.15 miles in 44:55
10:49 avg pace
HR high - 177
HR avg - 155

Although I haven't been running as much as I should (I vow to get better), I have been busy busy busy working out and doing other stuff.  Here's the run down:

Saturday - Boot Camp in the morning, then a quick day trip rafting the South Fork of the Payette.  It was my first boating trip of the season, and it felt amazing to be on the water.

Sunday - Last day of skiing at Bogus Basin which ended with us in the emergency room with my step-daughter, who got plowed over by an out-of-control snowboarder on Silver Queen, an easy green run for beginners.  SD is ok, just a little sore...but it took a ride down the ski hill in a sled with ski patrol, a stop in the medic area, and then a 2+ hour stint in the ER to find that out.  Oh, and Seymour had his first obedience lesson on Sunday afternoon.   We have a lot to learn! 

Monday - Boot camp at 6am.  

Today - Boot camp at 6am, 4 mile run at 7:00 pm. 

That's it!  The plan is to get to boot camp everyday this week and get down to my goal weight by Friday, which really shouldn't be too difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment