Saturday, April 2, 2011

I finally went for a run today

I'm not gonna lie, it was kind of rough.  Even though I've been doing hot yoga like a mad woman, I think I've learned my lesson about taking 2 weeks off from running when training.  My pace was actually pretty steady for the full 3.5 miles, but I felt off and ended up with some cramps in my side.  Plus, I was running straight into the wind during my final mile.  The good thing is that I finished without dying...and the dog was happy. 

Wednesday marked my 7th day in a row of hot yoga.  It was a rough one and I decided I needed a break after that, so I haven't gone since Wednesday.  Both Thursday and Friday were absolutely gorgeous here in Boise, so I made my first bike commute of the season on Friday.  It felt mighty fine riding home from work in shorts and a tank top! 

It has not been a particularly good weekend for food and drink in this house.  We went to one of my places, Brewforia, on Friday night.  It was the first time since Ash Wednesday that I really regretted giving up booze for Lent.  I sat and drank Diet Coke while Josh and our friend, Kimra, drank beer after beer from freshly tapped kegs at the store.  It was tough.  So what did I do?  I ate, of course.  Today we met Josh's dad and sister at the Dutch Goose to watch the Butler vs. VCU game, where again, I watched everyone throw back a few pitchers of beer while I drank Diet Pepsi for a few hours.  Thankfully, the game was amazing and I kept occupied by watching that.  I made some crappy food choices in the mean time: Reuben sandwich, onion rings, and fry sauce.  Seriously delicious, but my stomach hurts thinking about the amount of food and soda that went into my belly.


There's not much else to report around here.  It's been a pretty mellow week, and I'm thankful for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment