Monday, November 28, 2011

Back in the groove

My brother got married last weekend, which doesn't excuse the fact that I didn't run from 11/8 through today, but things were a bit busy so I'm allowing myself to forgive myself for the lack of exercise for 10 days.  That being said, I worked too many hours from 11/14 to 11/18 and finally found some time to breathe on Friday.  I love throwing on my running gear at the office and heading out the door with no real plan in place...it makes me feel like I've earned the break from work and also helps me clear my head of all of the crap I have to work with everyday.

I felt fast during my first mile...really fast.  I suppose that makes sense though because I ran it in 9:32.  I remember feeling fine for the next 1/2 mile but then I started getting some side cramps and felt like absolute crap.  I slowed down, but I still ran my 2nd mile on 10:09.  I slowed down even more: Mile 3 - 10:55.  I got back into my groove for the 4th mile and ran that in 10:18.

My overall pace was 10:13, which is great considering the fact that I didn't run for 10 days.   I think I ran my first mile so fast because I was SO excited about finally getting out for a run!

On another note, I finally registered for the Turkey Day 5K to be held Thanksgiving morning.  It will be a great way to make sure I don't drink too much on Wednesday night and an even better way for me to get my butt out of bed on Thanksgiving morning to run!  Plus, my friend, Renee, and several of her family members are running too so I won't be alone at the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment