Sunday, November 27, 2011

Funny 4 miler and registration Portland!

After my spectating debut, I decided I needed to get out and run more than 2 miles.  I suited up on Sunday, 11/6 and went out to run.  I didn't know exactly how long I would go and I didn't have a planned route; I just wanted to run!  When I stepped out the door, I decided to go a different direction than I typically do and just go.  This was a funny run because I improved my time with every mile, which is definitely not typical for me:

Mile 1 - 10:30
Mile 2 - 10:22
Mile 3 - 10:12
Mile 4 - 10:06
Mile 4.26 - 2:35 (Avg pace 9:59)

This run felt particularly great!  Maybe I should take note and remember to do a quick 2 mile run post-half-marathon and gear up for a 4-5 miler a day later.  Maybe I should also try to take note and start out slower and improve with each mile...

On another note, I've registered for my next race!  Three of my friends and I decided to register for the Portland Half-Marathon next October.  Apparently this race is amazing and sells out quickly, so we had to register 11 months in advance for it.   I love, love, love Portland and can't wait to go for the weekend....I just wish I didn't have to wait a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment