Saturday, November 5, 2011

Being a Spectator

I ran 2.2 miles this morning.  Big whoop, right?  The thing about this 2.2 miler was that it was my first post-half-marathon run after the Monster Dash last weekend.  I think I usually take 4-5 days off of running after big runs like that but I took a solid 7 this time.  I think it worked because today didn't suck!  I wasn't ridiculously slow and tired!  Hooray!  My first mile was significantly faster than my second, but I don't really care very much, as I just wanted to log a few miles.  My overall pace was 9:58/mile; mile one in 9:40, mile two in 10:10, and .2 at 10:24 pace.  I had some side cramps toward the end, so I can't say I wasn't completely pain free but I can say that I ate and drank coffee just before heading out the door, which wasn't the wisest plan I've ever had. 

After the run, the kid and I met up with my friend, Renee, to cheer on our friends and (Renee's) siblings/in-law at the Zeitgeist Half Marathon in Boise.  It was a chilly day to be running (love it!) and although I contemplated signing up for it this week, I'm glad I didn't.  It looked ridiculously hard.  This was my first time being a cheerleader for runners on the sidelines and it was rather enjoyable.  Every race I run I love having people cheer for everyone/me and I was glad to be able to do that for others this morning.  I decided, however, that I need a few more phrases and words of encouragement in my arsenal for the next time I decide to be a spectator at a race!

No comments:

Post a Comment