Friday, December 30, 2011

December has been slow...

Slow with the running, anyway.  My Grandpa Keyser died on the 14th, almost exactly a year after my Grandma Keyser died last year.  My parents, siblings, and I went back to South Dakota for the funeral and I was smart enough to take my running gear with me.  I only got a 2 mile run in while I was there, but my Garmin said I ran one of them in 9:08!  Woah!  I'm pretty sure it was because the first mile was a lot of downhill stretches followed by flat stretches, but I'll take it!  I forgot that the little town where we were staying has a lot of rolling hills, so it was a surprise to do the slightest bit of hill work while I was there. 

Fast forward to Christmas Eve.  I met up with Renee and her sister and managed a slow 3.5 mile run, 1/2 on pavement, 1/2 on the trails.  It was nice to have a nice, easy run in the books. 

Fast forward yet again to today.  Our Director let everyone off work an hour early (yay!) so I went home with the intention of going on a longer run of 4-6 miles.  When I started out, I noticed some dark clouds and lightening in the distance, but it seemed fairly far from where I was that I didn't worry about it too much.  I got about a mile down the road and took a look around.  The dark clouds had started to come closer and it was pretty gloomy, so I turned around and headed home.  Within 5 minutes of me being home the lightening was crazy and it turned into a torrential downpour.  I was pretty damn glad to be home!  I don't even remember what my pace was, but I do know I ran about 2 miles. 

I'm thinking about trying to get up to join the Shu's trail running group tomorrow to get in a few more miles before the year ends, but that also means I'll have to get out of bed earlier tomorrow than I have for the past few weeks.  We'll see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment