Wednesday, July 28, 2010

1/2 Marathon Training Day 3

Oy, what a crazy day at work.  I took my workout clothes to the office with me with hopes I could hit the gym and treadmill during lunch, which just plain didn't happen.  After a super crazy day, I finally made it to the gym and managed a 2 mile continuous run and about 1.5 miles of walking.  The Monumental run in Indy requires that participates run the first 7 miles at a 15 min. mile pace or less, so I figure if I can do any training at a max of that pace, then I should be good to go, even if I end up walking some of it in the end (which is not the goal, by the way....I want to run the whole damn thing).  I tweaked my training plan today based on the fact that I can, in fact, run 2 miles continuously.

Tomorrow's a cross-train day and I'm determined to lift some weights to get my legs a little stronger and avoid some knee injuries during training.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! 2 miles is awesome! Many, many, people cannot do that! Off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete