Friday, July 30, 2010

1/2 Marathon Training Day 5

I'm gaining a little more confidence and it's only day 5.  My goal this afternoon was to jog 2.25 miles and walk to make a total of 3 miles.  I got to 2.25 and thought, "heh, I bet I can do another lap."  So I did!  I was a little tempted to jog 3 miles, but didn't want to push it too hard...I don't want to injure myself, you know!

Treadmill total:
Jog 2.5 miles
Walk .5 miles


Also, I wear a heart rate monitor to track not only my heart rate but the number of calories I burn during a work out.  The past few days I've been burning about 600 calories during my workouts, which means I'm pretty much busting my @$$ during my 45-60 minute sessions.  I'm going to try to track this as well on the blog so I can see how my heart rate decreases with the amount of exercise I do everyday.  I'm sure the format of these posts will change over the course of the next few months, but this is purely selfish blog.  If I get a little bit more confidence, I'll post the pictures I'm taking each week, as I really want to see how my body changes over the course of the next few months as well.  When I went through my big weight loss change (50 lbs in 6 months) a few years ago, I never took photos along the way to track my progress.  I've pretty much maintained since then (with a few gains and losses along the way), but I'm curious and excited to see what happens from here on out!

1 comment: