Sunday, May 8, 2011

Celebrating accomplishments and stats (putting it all out there)

As if I don't do this enough with this blog, I am going to take a few minutes to celebrate some long term accomplishments!

The other day I was looking for a few things around the house and noticed I still had my old Weight Watchers 3 Month Journals sitting in a basket in the hall closet.  I don't really know why I saved them, but I'm really glad I did.  I started going to Weight Watchers meetings in August 2007, right when I started my new job.  I weighed 216 lbs when I started and wore a size 18 in pants.

January 2007 - Pre-Weight Watchers (with Josh)


By week 7 (10/18/07) on the plan I lost 10% of my weight and by week 33 (4/9/08) I had lost 50 lbs by attending meetings.  I sporadically attended meetings after that but continued to use the online tools fairly regularly.  Of course, I gained a few pounds here and there and lost a few when I realized my pants didn't fit as well as I wanted them to, but overall I was proud of my accomplishments and was really excited to be fitting into size 12 pants on a regular basis.  I did things I never thought would be possible, like running my first 5k in September 2008 , getting a size 12 wedding dress altered to fit my slimmer figure in June 2009, getting behind the oars and whitewater rafting every weekend during the summer months of 2008, 2009, and 2010, and running my first 1/2 marathon in November 2010.

5k Success - Sept. 2008

 Our Wedding Reception - June 2009

1/2 Marathon Success - Nov. 2010

  Whitewater Rafting - Summer 2010

 Fast forward to January 2011.  Josh and I celebrated November and December 2010 as if we weren't going to live through the next year and my size 12s felt pretty snug coming into January.  I decided to take up the offer from my employer to pay me (well, anyone who took part) $100 if I lost 10% of my weight and went to the doctor to be put on a physician led weight loss program (part of the rules of the $100 offer for employees).  He put me on Weight Watchers on-line because I knew it would work for me if I just followed the program.  I've followed it pretty religiously and have tracked nearly every morsel that touched my lips.  I gave up alcohol for Lent and decided to put a team together for the Sawtooth Relay.  I bought sessions of hot yoga and boot camp on Living Social.  I've been a monster working out 6-7 days/week and sometimes twice/day.  Last Monday I realized my size 10 pants I bought a few months ago were too big and not flattering at all anymore so I went to GAP and tried on some other slacks.  Every pair of size 8 pants I tried on fit me, including the jeans.  Last Thursday I tried on (and purchased) size 8 khakis from Fred Meyer, which proves I'm not just a size 8 at one store, I really am a true size 8!  Yesterday, I hit my 10% mark for the $100 deal for work and today is mother's day, a day to celebrate being a mom/step-mom/grandma, etc. and all that entails.  So today I celebrate being a step-mom and still being able to take time for myself and accomplish stuff like this.  I wasn't going to post photos of this on my blog, but I kind of feel like I need to put this out there and be proud of my accomplishments.  So here you go:

January 2011

April 2011

In addition to the pictures, I also found my old stats from when I first started Weight Watchers.  I took new stats on Friday.

Right bicep - then 14" - now 11.25"
Waist - then 35" - now 30"
Hips - then 44" - now 41.25" (though, I'm not sure I'm measuring in the same place)
Right thigh - then 30" - now 22.25"

Pretty funny to think about it, but my right thigh used to be as big around as my waist is now and that my right bicep was almost 1/2 as big as my waist is now...

No comments:

Post a Comment