Saturday, May 7, 2011

I was right (again)

I was exhausted on Tuesday night after my 7 miler and contemplated not going to boot camp in the morning.  I was right; I really shouldn't have gone on Wednesday morning, but I did.  I was absolutely wiped out all day and felt absolutely worthless at work.  I guess the good thing that came of me getting up and going to boot camp was the fact that we really worked our legs, so I ended up getting my legs nice and stretched out so they didn't kill me all day! 

I meant to run Thursday, I really did.  But when I decided I wanted Mexican food for dinner for the lovely May 5 holiday that has absolutely nothing to do with me or my heritage, the run when to the wayside and the chimichanga went right into my belly instead.  Josh's parents came into town for the weekend on Friday and wanted to take us to dinner that night, but I convinced them to push back dinner to 7pm so I could get a few miles in before meeting up.  I didn't have a whole lot of time, so I took the dog out for 2.25 miles.  We averaged 10:27/mile, which was fine.  I didn't really feel like running, but knew I needed to, so I'm glad I got out there.

Josh and I had planned to go rafting today, but our friend who had planned to join us had some unexpected roof-leaking issues, so she couldn't come along.  We ditched our plans for the day and I made my own.  I decided to get a little crazy that morning and ran to boot camp which is about 3 miles from our house.  I busted through boot camp without any issues and then the return 3 mile trek back home.  My pace was pretty awesome both ways, and I'm stoked about that! 

1st leg - 3.15 miles at 9:52 avg pace/mile
2nd leg - 3.02 miles at 10:14 avg pace/mile

Just before I left Warrior Fit to head home, I had a short conversation with a gal and mentioned my big goal is to run a 5k in under 30 minutes and that I was SO CLOSE on my 1st leg of the day.  She almost immediately asked me if I would want to be a coach for Girls on the Run.  Truth is I've actually looked at that website several times thinking how cool it would be to be a mentor/coach for the program.  The gal said she's a coach for one of the schools and they are in need of "faster runners."  "Well, I'm not fast," I said.  She disagreed and said that some girls in the program want to be able to run a 5k in 30 minutes, but none of the coaches can run that fast.  Heh, this might be beneficial for me after all!  The season is over for them right now, but I'm going to try to catch up with her again another time to see what I need to do to get into this mentor thing next year. 

Tina Fey is on Saturday Night Live which means I really need to stop typing and start watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment