Thursday, August 18, 2011

9:23

I had a pretty decent run on Tuesday.  I was excited about my new route and the fact that I didn't have to be at work right away, so I set out for another 4 miler with Seymour.  I started out too fast and it showed as my time increased every mile. 1) 10:07, 2) 10:15, 3) 10:46, 4) 11:28.  Now, don't get too too disappointed in my 4th mile; Seymour stopped to take a leak and I forgot to stop the time on my Garmin.  He also decided to sniff a whole lot while we were stopped and I didn't bother to pull him off...I mean, we were SO close to home by the time that happened and I was tired! 

I took Wednesday off from working out and struggled to get out of bed this morning.  I knew I'd be worthless if I didn't go for a run (work is SO stressful right now), but I slept for so long that I knew a longer run would not be possible.  Off we went for a quick 2 miler this morning.  I wanted to make the 2 miles count, so I decided to push myself a bit.  I tried to stay around a 9:30/mile pace, but since I don't run at that pace very often, I couldn't keep my rhythm and stride consistent.  I finished my first mile in 9:23!  My fastest mile yet!  I got a brief rest when Seymour stopped to use the lawn and got right back to the pavement after I tied up his bag of poo onto the leash.  Second mile: 9:44. I ended up running another 1/4 mile at a 9:33 average pace and arrived at home.  My 9:23 mile lifted my spirits and gave me a boost for the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment