Monday, August 29, 2011

3.2 miles and getting dirrrrrty.

Seymour and I went out last Thursday morning for a 3 miler near the house.  There wasn't anything spectacular about it, really.  We just ran.  It wasn't a great run, actually.  I didn't feel "on" and I struggled to enjoy it.  I realize not every run is going to go well and I won't always feel great when I'm done, but it sure would be nice. Rather than push myself to hit a particular pace, I just ran at whichever pace felt decent, and it turned out it wasn't terrible.

3.2 miles in 34:14
Avg pace 10:40/mile

We went rafting after work on Friday on the SF Payette.  I had pretty crappy runs on both Staircase and Slalom, but I also got to have the GoPro camera on my boat, so I got some stellar video of me rowing my boat!  When we got home from rafting that night I made Josh watch the footage with me.  The first words out of my mouth were, "Oh my gosh, look at my muscles!"  I wonder if I can get a still shot of it somehow...

Saturday morning came early, as I met up with my Dirty Dash teammates (aka "Slow Children at Play") to run what I thought was going to be a 10k with a few obstacles and mud pits.  Turns out they slashed the mileage on the Dash and we only ran about 5 miles...uphill.  The obstacles were plenty, and despite being cut short on at least 1.2 miles, I was really surprised by the number of people there who appeared not to have a lick of athleticism in them.  I felt under prepared just having to walk up the hills (I don't remember seeing any information about the actual course, so I didn't run any hills leading up to the event), but was glad I was able to at least throw myself over hay bales, climb over ladders and heave myself over walls with mud pits on both sides.  That being said, I'm fine with having this event be my first and last Dirty Dash.  The mud was fun enough and the shirts are pretty cute, but it really wasn't my idea of a great time.

We boated again on Sunday, which was a great time.  I had every intention of getting up this morning to make my long run since that didn't happen over the weekend, but I slept for almost 2 hours after my alarm went off!  My mind and body were exhausted, I had a headache, and I just plain didn't feel great so I called off work today and rested.  My body needed it.  I did manage to feel better later in the afternoon and spent an hour on the elliptical, but I'm exhausted yet again and am ready for bed. 

Hopefully I can manage to get out of bed in the morning for a run with Seymour before work.  I've been feeling somewhat down lately, which is a true indication that I need to get myself out running and working out more often so I can at least feel like I'm managing life instead of just dealing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment