Monday, August 1, 2011

2.15 miles in humidity

No offense to my friends in the midwest, but I am SO glad I don't live there anymore!  It stormed pretty hard in Boise last night and I thought maybe the sky would be clear and I'd enjoy a nice morning run today.  Oh boy, was I wrong.  I stepped outside and I think I immediately started sweating.  It wasn't particularly hot outside (about 72 degrees F), but it was much more humid that we really ever get here.  This site says it was 64% relative humidity at 6:53 this morning, which was right about the time I got done running.  It definitely fatigued me faster than I wanted.  I don't know how midwesterners do it.  For real.  By the time I got home I was dripping in sweat (even more than usual, which is hard to believe is possible) and I only ran a little over 2 miles.  What?  For real?  How is that possible?  Oh, maybe it had something to do with my massive hangover on Sunday...maybe my body was still recuperating...

Overall, I did 2.15 miles in 22:37 at an average pace of 10:30/mile. 

I'll take it and pray tomorrow is easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment