Sunday, August 14, 2011

Slacker Blogger (part 1 of 2)

I don't even remember what my run was like last Thursday (8/4/11), but I know I ran because my Garmin tells me so.  I'm quite certain the dog came too.  These past few weeks have been quite the blur in terms of being really busy at work and trying to find out dog a new home and, well, that's really about it.  That being said, I ran 3.73 miles on 8/4 at a 10:30 average pace (39:12). 

And then I rested.  I was busy and lazy and lethargic and not wanting to run, so I just plain didn't.  And then I realized this: if I don't run regularly, getting started back up again is going to suck.  And I like running, I really do.  So this last Friday (as in just a few days ago), knowing that I didn't have to be to work until around 9:00 am, Seymour and I went for another run.  I really wanted to see if Chinden Blvd westbound and Eagle Road southbound had sidewalks, so Seymour and I took off for what I planned to be a four mile run.  Turns out, there ARE sidewalks through that stretch and I have yet another route to run!  Unfortunately, Chinden and Eagle are pretty busy streets so I have to put up with literally thousands of cars driving past me in my running skirts, but I'll take it.  With this stretch having sidewalks, this also means I can attempt an after work run in the heat if I want to, knowing there is a gas station, a few fast food joints, and a Target where I can get water so I don't have to take my hydration pack. 

Friday:
4 miles at 10:21 average pace (41:30)

I wanted to run Saturday, but Friday night turned into a rather amazing evening at home, just Seymour and me.  Josh went up rafting Friday afternoon with a friend from E. Idaho and they camped up near Garden Valley.  My plan was to get some sleep on Friday night and wake up early to run again, then take Seymour to Escape the Crate for daycare and boarding, then meet up with some other folks to go rafting.  Well, Jamie e-mailed me Friday to inform me Ann Brashares has written the final book in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, and I had to have it.  Immediately.  So Friday after work, I went down to my local Barnes and Noble store and bought it.  Friday night consisted of a dinner of brie and freshly baked whole wheat bread from the grocery store, a bottle of wine, and Sisterhood Everlasting. Needless to say, there was no running on Saturday morning.  I did, however, paddle my little buns off and climbed rocks like I had never climbed rocks before on the portage.  I certainly got in a workout, which came nowhere close to cover the amount of beer and food I consumed throughout the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment