Thursday, October 20, 2011

4 miles at lunch

I had initially planned to run to bootcamp yesterday and have Josh meet me there with extra water and my HRM but Tuesday night when I told him my plan, he turned to me and said, "do I really have to go?"  "No," I responded and immediately started thinking about what Plan B should entail.  Six miles, I decided.  I'd get up early and do 6 miles.  And then that didn't happen.  No 6 miles.  No bootcamp.  I had a hearing for work at 8:00 AM which meant I had to be to work before that time (and that is a rare sighting) so I skipped all forms of exercise before work.  Thankfully, my hearing that was supposed to take place after that settled and I got to head out the door early for lunch.  I went home and put my running gear on and decided on 4 miles as I walked out the door.

It was an OK run, nothing special.  I wanted to run it under the 10:44 from the 8 miler on Monday morning, which I accomplished.  In the end, I finished with this:

4 miles in 42:24 - 10:34/mile average pace.

The Chicago Monster is coming soon!  I have plans to get in 10-12 miles this weekend.  The gal I ran with a few weekends ago is running with a group of girls on Saturday morning who are all running 10, so I might tag along with them.  I fear they run faster than my typical 11:00 - 11:30/mile for long runs.  I suppose it's worth a shot.  It could be a really good way for me to meet some new folks and possibly have a few future running partners.  For now, the plan is 3 miles tomorrow plus bootcamp....but we'll see how that all works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment