Saturday, October 15, 2011

No. Freaking. Way.

I started this post the day we relinquished Seymour to the Idaho Humane Society a few weeks ago and didn't publish it until last night.  It might have been some sort of subliminal thing with not wanting to post it because posting would mean he's really gone, etc. but I have no idea.  All I know is that I posted it and then tonight I got a phone call from a lady stating her family adopted him!  Now, you might be wondering how in the world the lady who adopted Seymour had my number.  It's because I'm crazy.  What actually happened was that when we went to IHS to fill out the paperwork, I lost my wallet.  After making several phone calls I ended up taking one last trip to IHS to see if they had it (they don't return phone calls all that well).  Prior to making the trip to the shelter I decided to type up a quick letter about how much we loved Seymour and really didn't want to give him up but that we couldn't care for him, etc.  At the bottom I put my phone number and e-mail address and encouraged them to contact me if they had any questions whatsoever.  

Getting the phone call tonight stating this family adopted him made my night!  It turns out the mom of the family is a stay at home mom to two kids (soon to be three) and Seymour has already made their house his home.  The dad asked a few questions about him and then thanked ME for being so good to Seymour and raising him up to be a good dog.  Seymour has been really gentle, yet playful with their little kids and they got him to be a companion for their little girl with epilepsy.  I am thrilled that Seymour has a home with people who will love him and be home with him. They even offered to let us come to visit him whenever we want (though I'm not sure I'll take them up on this offer any time soon).  

Maybe now, knowing that someone is taking care of Seymour and loves him, I'll start to get out of this funk...

No comments:

Post a Comment