Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Final workout before the Monster Dash...I think.

I've been packing my running/work out gear with me to work all week but never actually managed to do anything with it until tonight.  It's been a crazy week at work, what with preparing to be gone from the office for three days and all.  I made the decision early today that I'd drive from my office to Warrior Fit, run before boot camp, and then go to boot camp.  My hope was that I would get to the parking lot with enough time to get in three miles, but e-mails and traffic got in the way so I settled on 2 miles and figured I'd push it a little.  I ran the first mile in 9:50 and my second at 9:29 and then went in for some ab work.  I felt better when I left than I've felt all week! 

2 miles in 19:19

I'd like to think I'll get up for boot camp again in the morning, but something tells me it's not going to happen.  Tomorrow night won't happen since I have to work until 7:00 PM and then I have to be to my parents' house by 6:00 AM to get to the airport.  So I'm pretty sure unless I get a wild hair, tonight was my last workout before the Monster Dash this Saturday! 

On another note, I found this rad website that estimates times/pace for different altitudes, races, and a bunch of other stuff.  I've been playing around with it and I think I might aim to run the 1/2 at about an 11:00 - 11:10 pace this weekend.  The elevation here is about 2850 ft and Chicago sits at about 500 ft, which could buy me up to 15 seconds/mile.  I have no idea how much truth this holds, but I'm pretty stoked to find out!  I will say that I entered my 9:30 mile and it estimated I might run a 1/2 at about 11:07.  If I plug in 11:07 for the 1/2 at 2850 ft and estimate for other altitudes, it gives me 10:56/mile at 1000 ft.  I suppose I could try to run faster than 11:10/mile, but I don't to push it too much.  I did do the 11.2 miles at 11:27 but that also included stopping to wait at most of the stop lights.  Time will tell and I'm pretty sure if I run the 1/2 in less than 2:29:32 I'll be screaming it from the rooftops!

No comments:

Post a Comment