Monday, December 12, 2011

You know what I love?

I love deciding to go out for a run with no set agenda!  I went out on December 3rd with the only plan being to run.  I knew I'd have to do an out and back or loop run to be sure I got back home but I didn't care much about pace or distance.  I ended up doing a loop and somewhere around mile 5 I decided to take a bit of a detour.  I went on a slight downhill stretch knowing I'd have to make a killer climb back uphill to get home, making my overall distance 7 miles instead of 5.5 or 6.  The uphill climb was tough and certainly proves I need to do more of them if I want to increase my endurance and strength.

Mile 7 was somewhat rough.  I ended up setting short goals for myself: get to the first tree and if I need to I can walk for a short period.  I'd get to the first tree and keep running with the goal of getting to the next sign, etc.  I ended up running all of mile 7 and at a pace faster than I ran miles 3, 4, 5, and 6.  Weird.

Overall:
7 miles at 10:45/mile average

No comments:

Post a Comment