Monday, August 30, 2010

1/2 Marathon Training - 2 and something miles (at 7850 ft)

We went camping this weekend up near Sun Valley with some of Josh's high school buddies.  I knew I needed to run on Saturday and convinced myself that a quick 30 minute jog would do the trick, despite my lack of ambition and extreme want to start drinking beer at noon.  The boys pointed me in the best direction to run, and I went without much hesitation to the safest route they suggested.  I took the dog for some company and got about 1/4 mile up the road when I realized it was a pretty steady incline.  It took my 13 minutes to run a mile uphill.  I turned around and enjoyed the run back down in significantly less time.  On our drive home Josh pointed out the elevation where we were camping - 7850 ft. No wonder my lungs were working so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment