Friday, August 27, 2010

1/2 Marathon Training - 4 miles

I'm a little surprised at myself for pushing as hard as I have been lately.  I really wanted to run outside yesterday, but the temps were up to 104 degrees and there was a huge storm expected right around the time I planned to run, so that just didn't happen.  Off to the gym I went after work.  I checked into Anytime Fitness on Foursquare (I've got to keep my mayorship, you know...) and told the world I was going to try for 4 miles...and I did it!  Now Mike, don't go discounting my run on the treadmill by saying it doesn't count.  It does, damn it.  I've been running on an incline, so I say it counts just as much.  So there.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this yet, but our house is void of anything edible right now, and it has been almost all summer due mostly to laziness.  I had to wait for Josh to get home from the grocery store before I could eat anything substantial and then realized I actually had to wait even longer for the steak and potatoes to cook.  We didn't eat until after 9:00 last night, which is not so good after running that much and not eating anything since about 3:00 that afternoon.  I was exhausted and nauseous by the time 8:30 hit and could hardly function.  Note to self: eat.

71 days and counting to the Monumental.  I think I'm gonna make it.

4 miles - 49:50
HR high - 176
HR avg - 169
Calories burned - about 700

No comments:

Post a Comment