Tuesday, August 17, 2010

1/2 Marathon Training - Day 7 (ish)

I got a little off schedule after we finished our Main Salmon trip on 8/11/10.  We got back really late and I cut my heel pretty deeply on about day 2 of our river trip, and it was still pretty raw and hard to walk, let alone run.  So I did a 2.0 mile run around 8/12/10 and called it good.  We were rafting again Saturday and I rested (aka made pickles and drank beer with my mom) on Sunday.  Yesterday was exhausting and I couldn't bring myself to do much of anything but take the dog for a walk.  Fast forward to today where my plan was to run 3.0 miles.  Done and done.  I was quite proud of myself.  My heart rate got pretty high and I really didn't run very fast, but I did it and I did it in under the 15min/mile pace standard for the Monumental...

HR high - 183
HR avg - 155
3.1 miles in 38 minutes

Oh, and we're rafting again today after work...

Until next time....

MM

No comments:

Post a Comment