Thursday, August 19, 2010

1/2 Marathon Training - 3 miles

I can't seem to keep track of which day of training I'm on so I'm changing the way I title each blog.  I managed another 3 miles today at the gym, hence the title of this blog.  Wow, that's boring. 

Anyway, I really wanted/needed to cross-train yesterday but work got a little crazy and I couldn't just jet out for a long lunch and head to the gym.  I was also committed to playing guitar at church immediately after work and ended up going to dinner/drinks with my mom and Josh, so there was just no way to squeeze in a bike ride or a trip to the gym, etc. 

Anyway, I managed to go to the gym today after work and got in 3 miles of jogging.  I had another 1/2 mile of warm-up/cool-down.  I've decided I really like watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune while I run :)

HR high - 182
HR avg - 153 (but this also includes my entire cool-down period which was something like 15 minutes)
Time - 37 minutes

Wondering if I can actually manage to lift weights tomorrow...hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment