Monday, August 30, 2010

1/2 Marathon Training - 4.5 miles (and I didn't think I was going to die)

It was FINALLY cool enough to run outside today without really feeling like I was going to die of heat stroke.  I had some extra time today to go home, throw on my running clothes, and take off for a jog.  I figured I had about an hour to run, so I planned a route that would allow me to either run 4 miles or about 3 miles depending on how I felt at about mile 1.5.  Today was kind of a big deal because I really didn't struggle with my first 2 miles like I have been over the past few weeks, so that was fan-freaking-tastic!  I got to the 4-mile mark near our subdivision and decided to keep going to 4.25...and when I got there, I decided to move on to 4.5.  At 4.5 I thought, "heh, I bet I could do 5..." and then I realized it was 2:10 pm and I still needed to get back home to stretch, shower, change, and get my arse back to work for my 3pm appointment.  I love the fact that my daily milestones are exciting, but what I love even more is the fact that at the end of most of those longer runs I find myself thinking I could have gone longer...

4.5 miles in 55:55
Avg pace: 12:21
HR high: 173
HR avg: 163

Oh, and my new favorite piece of clothing for running is this little skirt with shorts underneath...aside from the wind hiking it up every now and then, it's freaking amazing....

No comments:

Post a Comment