Saturday, October 9, 2010

1/2 Marathon Training - 10 miles

I really, really had a hard time getting out of bed this morning and really, really didn't know if today's planned 9+ miles was going to work.  After dinking around on the computer for an eternity and mapping out 2 different routes, I finally rolled out of bed around 11:00 and slowly got into my running clothes.  When I left I decided I would take the 9.5 mile route, but I got to mile 2 or 3 and felt REALLY good, so I changed my mind and continued south, which forced me to do the 10 miler.  I can't even begin to tell you how good I felt through the entire run today.  Last weekend's 8 mile run was pretty rough and there were a few times where I thought I was going to have to walk, but today was completely different.  Not a second went by where I thought I wasn't going to make it.  When I got to mile 8 I had some Clif shot gel and started to get really pumped that I felt so good and that I only had 2 miles left! 

Stats:
10 miles in 2:02:14
Avg pace - 12:06
HR High - 172
HR Avg - 159 (although I forgot to turn it off when I got home and stretched, so my avg was probably more like 163 or so...)
Calories burned - 1581

No comments:

Post a Comment