Sunday, October 3, 2010

1/2 marathon training - 8 miles

Whew, yesterday was a busy day!  I had to play guitar at our church for the Blessing of the Pets and had plans to take off running from there and end up at my parents' house, which all worked out.  I had planned a route that would end up being about 7.25 miles, my longest run yet.  I still wasn't sure I was ready for that long of a run, but I also knew I needed to give it a shot. What I hadn't planned on or thought about was the number of hills on the route I had worked out...oops.  At about mile 5 (1 hour mark) I choked down a Cliff gel-shot that  I bought at REI to see if it would help me or if it was just plain gross.  Pretty gross and slimy, but I think it helped me get through the next 3 miles. 

When I hit the 7 mile mark I realized I could go to 8 miles without killing myself, so I did just that.  My body ached and I felt like I needed a long nap all day long, but I survived.  We even went to the big sale at RC Willey and bought a new bed and new TV - yeah!  Can't wait for the bed to arrive!  Last night we went to some friends' house for the annual "Chicken Off" and judged the chicken concoctions and just a few libations :)  Needless to say, I am exhausted.  Thankfully, my muscles don't ache nearly as much as they did yesterday.  Must be all that Disoronno, vodka, whiskey, fruit juice, beer...you get the point.  Ha!

Here are the stats from yesterday's run:
8.07 miles in 1:39:34
Fastest pace - 10:19
Avg pace - 12:20
HR High - 179
HR Avg - 169
Calories burned - 1330

No comments:

Post a Comment