Thursday, October 7, 2010

1/2 marathon training - 3.32 miles and 5 miles

Wednesday:
--After work run with the dawg.  He likes to stop and smell things and it's kind of annoying, but it's my dawg and I love getting him out for some exercise!

Stats:
3.32 miles in 38:06
Avg Pace 11:29
HR High - 179
HR Avg - 166
Calories burned - 482



--Post-run dodgeball game!  We were down a player and only had 5 so we had zero subs and the only rest we got was the time we were out of the game or during the 4 minute resting/half-time period.  We were down 4-1 at the half and came back to tie 5-5 by the end of the game!



--Dinner and drinks with my sister and her fiance (yep, fiance!) and my parents at Old Chicago! 

Thursday:
--Mid-day run during my long lunch hour.  It was warmer than I thought it would be and I struggled more than I thought I would.  Ate a Clif Bar right before the run, which probably aided in my crappy run.  Time/pace wasn't so bad...in fact, it was pretty normal, but I just didn't feel great.  Oh well. 
Stats:
5.06 miles in 58:57
Avg pace - 11:39
HR High - 175
HR Avg - 169

Calories burned - 786



I've been contemplating how far I will run on Saturday.  I'm thinking 9 or 10 miles...probably 10 if I can figure out a good route.  I've also been thinking about how far my longest run will be.  I had initially planned on 12 miles, but the more I read, the more I think maybe 10 or 11 is enough.  As of this very moment, I'm thinking 11.  That way I can taper back down to 8 or 9 and 6 miles the next 2 weeks.  Oct. 30 I'll be running a 10k with my sister, which will be a really good way to wind things down the week before the half-marathon and get in that last long run before the big day!

I'm getting super pumped for this!  I can't wait to see my old friends and selfishly show off my size 10 frame (hehe) to those who haven't seen me in 5+ years.  Woah, that's really not very humble at all....but I've had 2 glasses of wine tonight and I'm about to pour another one....

No comments:

Post a Comment