Thursday, October 21, 2010

1/2 marathon training - 3.2 miles + dodgeball

Let me start by saying that I really didn't feel like running today, especially after the spicy mandarin chicken and fried rice I had for lunch (yum, by the way) and then the redbull I had later this afternoon.  I knew I had to though, and I begrudgingly threw on my shoes and took the dog with me out the door.  I was cramping up pretty bad in my sides within my first mile, which doesn't surprise me at all considering the crappy food I ate.  I ran through it and seriously thought I was running really slowly.  I got to my regular turn point at my 1-mile marker to go around the block and decided to just turn around and run the mile back home.  I figured 2 miles was all I had in me today and was completely fine with not accomplishing my goal for the first time since I started this journey.  Well, I got a little past mile 2 and realized I had a little more energy left in me so I ran a little further.  I got home and ended up running 3.2 - just a little over my goal for the night.  Even better, I went inside to find dinner on the table and had just enough time to eat before heading to dodgeball, where we won 7 - 3!  Hooray! 



The next best thing about my run today is my pace:

3.2 miles in 34:32
Avg pace - 10:48
HR high - 188 (I'm not sure I believe this)
HR avg - 154

Calories burned - 435



And since I mentioned how slow I thought I was running and how I was all cramped up for the first mile, here are my splits:
Mile 1.0 - avg pace 10:46
Mile 2.0 - avg pace 11:24
Mile 3.0 - avg pace 10:15
Mile 3.2 - avg pace 10:41

Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment