Monday, October 25, 2010

1/2 Marathon Training - Dodgeball tournament and 8 miles

Saturday morning was our end of the year dodgeball tournament.  We had a pretty decent season and ended up 3rd before the tournament, but had the crappiest 2 games I think we had played all season and lost both of our games in the double-elimination tournament.  I suppose that was OK for me since I really needed to run that afternoon... 

The tapering business is kind of scary and it makes me nervous.  I'm sure I will be fine, but it's still scary.  Saturday was a decent 8-miler.  Pretty good pace and the random rain drops were actually kind of nice!  My only complaint is that my headphones freaked out on me and I couldn't pause (to hear my pace and distance) or skip to another song unless I took my iPhone out of my pack.  I didn't really feel like doing that, so I didn't.  I will say that it was somewhat nice to just run instead of tracking my pace the entire time.  I'm looking forward to doing that after the 1/2 is over...just running to run and not necessarily worrying about how far I'm running or if I'm keeping a steady pace. 

8.05 miles in 1:36:28
Avg pace 11:59
HR high - 178
HR avg - 164
Calories burned - 1195

No comments:

Post a Comment