Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hot Yoga

Awhile back I purchased a Living Social deal to get 20 sessions of Hot Yoga for $20.  I had never done yoga before (with the exception of the Wii, and that doesn't really count), and for some reason I decided this would be a good idea.  I went for the first time on a Sunday morning in February and loved it.  I decided to go back about a week later and went to the latest session at 7:30 PM.  I had been in an all-day training for Appropriate Use of Force at work (yes, I can probably take you down if you try to punch me) and just plain didn't eat enough food throughout the day before I went to yoga.  I didn't make it and ended up being "that girl" who walked out of class after 30 minutes.  Then I got sick.  And then I got lazy.  I finally decided to get back to it tonight - almost a month later.  Oops!  Once I decided I was going to go tonight, I ate plenty of food, drank lots of water, and thought I was prepared for doing yoga in a 95+ degree room.  I was kind of right.  I made it the full 75 minutes, but it was damn hard, and I certainly didn't make it through every pose.  I tried my hardest though, and I sat down when I felt light-headed rather than straight up walking out.  After tonight, I think I need to try a different time.  I can't give up.  After all, I have 17 sessions left...and I have to use them by mid-April...and that means I have to go about twice per week (or more) to get the best of the deal I purchased....

No comments:

Post a Comment