Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend Recap

Josh made a somewhat last minute decision to go up to the Wind River in Washington on Friday night, boat on Saturday, and come home late Saturday night, which left Brooke and me at home alone.  I had already planned on going to hot yoga on Friday night, so I arranged the details with Brooke and headed out.  My last two sessions of hot yoga have been less than spectacular, so I tried a new tactic this time around and brought some Powerade instead of water.  That, combined with attending the 5:45 class rather than 7:30 class, made a world of difference!  I was able to make it through all of the poses without going into child's pose to rest, which felt amazing!  I finally left yoga again feeling rejuvenated instead of defeated.

Saturday was filled with one big plan to hit the REI garage sale and hopefully snag some cheap, returned shoes.  I met my sister down there and despite our high hopes, ended up being some of the last people to enter the sale.  I left with nothing, which is probably better.  My sister won a Mary Kay deal at the bridal show we went to a few months ago, so immediately after the sale, we went to learn all about Mary Kay products.  I did not expect to leave with anything, but $44 later I am now the owner of "Satin Hands" and two different eye shadow shades.  Good grief.  I ate away my shopping guilt at lunch.

I really, really needed to run on Saturday, so not too long after my chipotle chicken wrap and sweet potato fries, I took Seymour out for my regular 3 mile run by our neighborhood.  I think I got heart rate monitor problem figured out, so I had that and my iPhone app to determine my pace.  I got home from what I thought was about 3.1 miles only to find out that we had actually gone 3.4 miles.  I don't know why I never remember that route is 3.4, but it makes me feel pretty good.  My pace was pretty good as well, especially for running with the dog - he always trips me up a few times.  I think I averaged 10:50/mile for the run, which is awesome.

I had planned on getting my first day on the river today, but weather.com indicated it was only going to be 40 degrees at 1pm today up in Banks and that's just a little too chilly for me.  Brooke, Seymour, and I played shuttle-drivers for Josh and his buddies on the Southfork of the Payette, which means Seymour got to run all over the beach up at Banks.  We wore him out, which rarely happens. 

Finally, we got home and decided to try out the River Rock Alehouse in Eagle tonight.  They have a pretty good website and what looks like a pretty good menu.  Unfortunately, it was not as good as it appeared, and we won't be returning unless it's for a beer after Easter (they have a pretty big selection).  To make up for my lousy burger, I convinced Josh to stop at the grocery store to get ice cream...and on the way out I fell to my Girl Scout Cookie weakness and bought a box of thin mints!  Yes!

Lastly, I'm on day 5 of no booze and have been feeling pretty fantastic.  Then again, I've been pretty busy...and it's always easier to eat better and not drink when the husband is out of town!  We'll see what this week holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment