Wednesday, September 29, 2010

1/2 marathon training - 5 miles (or close enough)

Alright, well today was technically supposed to be a cross-training day, but I couldn't figure out the best way to work it in since I don't have a bike light right now.  I decided early this morning that I would go out for a lunch time run and try for somewhere between 5 and 6 miles, partly because I didn't want to run in the late afternoon and partly because it should have been a little cooler during lunch than at 5pm.  The crappy thing is that I was what we call "Duty Officer" today and had to stay at the Court building until Court was in recess for lunch.  Unfortunately, Court never recessed for lunch, so I got stuck without a run and with only getting about a 15 minute lunch today, and even that was against the rules because Court was still rolling.  Oh well.  That brings me to my post-work run.  Since I was in a different office than my typical work day, I wanted to take advantage of a new running route.  I did just that.  4.98 miles after work was a little rough considering the ridiculous lunch I had (mmmm...Baguette Deli!).  Oh well.  It was 86 degrees outside and I was pleased as punch to have my hydration pack with me...



Stats as follows:
4.98 miles in 56:51
Avg pace - 11:26
HR High - 177
HR Avg - 171
Calories burned - 817

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment