Thursday, September 23, 2010

1/2 Marathon Training - 3 miles + dodgeball

Whew.  We got back to town last night from our 7 day river trip on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River, where I mostly fished, drank beer, read, and sat on a boat.  I rowed a little, but not much.  We had a layover day and I went on a 2 mile hike, but it wasn't strenuous whatsoever.  I haven't run since 9/11/10.  Oops.  I really meant to get my shoes on and take some short runs right before vacation, but packing and prepping for vacation really bogged me down.  Needless to say, I was pretty nervous about running tonight after my 11-day hiatus. 

That being said, I decided to just run 3 miles tonight after work, and it just so happens our dodge ball location is exactly 3 miles from my house!  I strapped on my shoes and headed out the door to run to the game.  It was still about 85 degrees outside when I left, which didn't help the sweat factor, but whatever.  The run itself didn't feel great, but it didn't feel like hell either.  Afterward, of course, I felt amazing.  Also, dodge ball is a great way to stretch...especially when you cream the other team...and also when the other team is the reigning co-ed dodge ball team 2 years in a row.  Mwah ah ah ah ah!

Anyway, when I got into the gym, I checked my splits on my iPhone app (kick ass, by the way) and my overall average, and then realized why I thought it was a little rough; I was running faster than I have been running 3 miles since I started this journey.  Uh, yeah.  Go me...or something like that.  Also my heart rate monitor says my HR peaked at a wicked high level and I refuse to believe it.  My HR was higher than the past few runs, but again, I ran at 6:30 tonight and that's never been my best time of day to do so.

Stats:
3 miles in 34:40 (50 seconds stopped time)
Avg pace - 11:26/mile
Mile 1 - 10:45/mile
Mile 2 - 11:49/mile
Mile 3 - 11:44/mile
HR High 196 (again, I don't believe it)
HR Avg 177
468 calories burned 

No comments:

Post a Comment