Thursday, September 9, 2010

1/2 Marathon Training - Crosstraining (finally)

I got my gym clothes on at the end of the work day yesterday and hopped in my car to go to the gym.  When I got to the stop light just before the turn into the parking lot, I decided I just didn't feel like going in and working out in front of a bunch (well, handful) of people.  I passed the turn in and went home.

I still didn't feel like working out when I got home and half-assed it for a few minutes by doing some crunches and working my arms a little bit with some 5-lb weights that have been collecting dust.  After dragging my feet for some time, I hopped on the elliptical and watched Jeopardy! for 20 minutes.  I didn't push myself too hard, which is probably what my body needed, but at least I did something

It's supposed to rain all day (boo) which means it will be more difficult to run outside (double boo).  The bonus is that I have a dodgeball game tonight (I'm on a city league!), which should be entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment