Saturday, September 11, 2010

1/2 Marathon Training - 6 miles!

I probably could have run 7, and I'm hoping that's how all of my long runs feel from here on out.  I am continually amazed at the distance my body can go and the length of time I am able to exercise without stopping.   What surprises me most about today's run is that I took some extra time to look at the "splits" on my app on my iPhone and realized that my fastest miles were miles 2, 5, and 6 with my slowest mile being 3. 

Rewind: I knew I had to run fairly early (early on a Saturday is before 10am) but still wanted to make sure I had enough calories in me to burn and I really wanted some coffee.  I got up around 8:00 and made coffee.  I had one cup of coffee and ate 2 "breakfast cookies" (which are completely delicious) and sat in bed reading my book while I did so.  I finally got out of bed around 9:00 and get my rafting gear ready, then threw on my running gear and headed out the door, with the plan that Josh would pick me up at my end point and then we'd head up to the river.  It all worked out, thank God! 

Another nice thing?  Oh, my HR was spectacular through the entire run!  And yes,  I did go rafting this afternoon...which I think gives me every right to go to bed by 8:30 on a Saturday night...

6.02 miles - 1:14:05
Avg Pace - 12:19
HR High - 170
HR Avg - 162

Note to self: Running in the morning totally kicks ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment