Tuesday, September 28, 2010

1/2 marathon training - crosstraining and 3.4 mile run

In true form, I didn't run or cross-train on Sunday like I meant to.  Brunch and drinks ruined that one by 1:00 PM.  Oops.  Monday was a super hectic day at work and I didn't get out of the office at lunch to anything productive (except get my registration up to date on one of the cars).  We got KILLED in dodgeball last night but I still had enough umph in me to go home and hop on the elliptical for 20 minutes before devouring a sandwich for dinner. 

Since I worked so long yesterday, I was able to come into work late this morning.  I took the dog out for a 3-miler this morning before making coffee and getting ready for the day.  It was probably the only time I've forgotten to take a baggie with me to pick up Seymour's poop, and wouldn't you know it, also probably the only time he's pooped on a walk/run in the last 3 months.  Argh.  I felt terrible just leaving it there, but I had no choice. 

I forgot my HRM watch at home with my HR info on it, but I think I remember my average HR being somewhere around 165 and my high being 171.  Overall, it was a pretty good run this morning.  Oh, and I used a hydration pack for the first time...probably not needed for such a short run, but I wanted to give it a try anyway to see how it would be before I take it on a long run.

Stats:
3.39 miles in 37:17
Avg pace 11:01/mile
Calories burned - 495

No comments:

Post a Comment